PURA PhosLock is fast acting, long lasting, and very effective in reef, marine, planted, and delicate freshwater aquaria. PhosLock is the third generation ferric oxide hydroxide specifically modified for use in aquarium applications. PhosLock is stable and removes large quantities of phosphate and silicates thus greatly reduces propagation of algae.
PURA PhosLock removes 45% more phosphates than Alumina media, and 20% more than Alpha-Ferric Hydroxides. Unlike Alumina, PhosLock never leaches phosphates back to the aquarium. Unlike competing Alpha-Ferric Hydroxides, PhosLock never disintegrates and never turns soft and muddy in aquarium water. PhosLock comes fully activated right out of the jar. PhosLock does not need a specialized reactor and can be easily confined and implemented in a fine meshed media bag.
This is the most cost effective phosphate remover on the market. PhosLock outperforms all competing products.
• Non-leaching, permanently and irreversibly binds phosphate and silicates
• No impact on trace elements and desirable fertilizers like potassium
•Convenient to implement
•Comes with a 6 x 12 300-micron media bag
• Removes arsenic and other heavy metals
• Safe for the most delicate invertebrates and does not contaminate water with free iron
• Packed hydrated with an induction welded foil seal for freshness, protection, and long shelf life